The Second World War affected the Club far more than WW1. Anti-invasion measures saw major defences built on the first nine; the Old Billy was requisitioned; eight holes of the back nine remained in limited play but, in 1944, a flying bomb badly damaged the clubhouse.
After a difficult year or two, the Club got going again. The land beyond the coastguard cottages was sold and finances received a boost when increased income from gravel extraction was negotiated. The 'Putter' was played again in 1947 and the clubhouse was eventually repaired and enlarged. By 1953 the membership had risen to 700 and a number of one and two-day matches became a traditional feature of the Club's fixture list.
The Old course remains substantially the same as the 1938 layout except for further gravel working to the right of the 11th hole, which created Squatters Pool and a better hole. The surrounds to the 17th green were reshaped in 2010.
In 1977 a separate 9 hole golf course was opened on land given up by the receding sea. This course, named the Jubilee, has been further developped and rerouted over the years and, with an additional hole built in 2014, now consists of 12 holes (giving two loops of nine) and provides a first class alternative to the Old course.